4 cylinder, engine has two seperate blocks, L-head valve arrangement, updraft carburetor, magneto ignition, 201.1 CID, 35 hp
Steel, ladder construction
Wood artilery wheels
37 x 4"
The Carter Car Company was started by Byron Carter in 1905. Byron Carter was the most successful developer and builder of the friction drive transmission which differed from other vehicles of the period which used either a two-speed, planetary transmission or three-speed sliding gear transmission. The friction drive transmission used a large drive wheel which, when positioned perpendicular to the clutch, created a variety of speeds – not just the two or three seen in conventional transmissions. His company was purchased by Billy Durant in 1908 and became part of General Motors until the Carter brand was discontinued in 1915.