William Patterson began building horse-drawn carriages in Flint, MI in the late 1800’s. By 1908, Paterson had abandoned the carriage business to build his first powered automobile. By 1910, his vehicles were competed with Buicks and Overlands in sales. Paterson died in 1921 and his son tried to continue the company but sales were declining. The company was sold to Dallas Winslow, a local Dodge dealer who ran it for a few months and realized more money was made by running a dealership. This Paterson is fitted with the four passenger tourabout body style with a single front bench style seat and a rear, detachable double bucket seat.
It is estimated that fewer than 100 Paterson automobiles remain today.