1932 Chrysler CL Imperial
Walter Percy Chrysler founded the Chrysler Automobile Company in 1924. Chrysler was the first affordably built automobile to use four-wheel hydraulic brakes and have a body that was constructed of welded steel as opposed to most automobile bodies that were framed in wood. By 1932, Chrysler was offering four different models and the Model CL was the top of the line luxury car. The CL models were powered by inline eight-cylinder engines and had custom bodies built by the coach building firm of LeBaron.
Only two hundred Model CL Chryslers were built in 1932.